Re: Getting the changelog (online) before installing

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:39:40PM -0500, Phil Edwards wrote:

> Yes, apt-listchanges is installed, but that only takes effect /after/
> the upgrade.

No, it takes place before the upgrade (after packages are downloaded).

> packages.debian.org/foo doesn't let me view the changelog.  Neither do any
> of the links at packages.qa.debian.org/foo.[*]  If I'm lucky I can find a
> recent generated message which closed a bug, since that usually contains a
> changelog entry and announces the new version.
>

> How do other people do this?

There used to be a changelog link from packages.debian.org, using the
global lintian lab, but they have been missing for some time.  If they are
ever restored, I'd like to add the capability to apt-listchanges to fetch
the changelog without downloading the entire package.

--
 - mdz