linking latest gnome-terminal missing library function

I have just installed Debian stable and Gnome 2 unstable and am trying
to build gnome-terminal from unstable.  The make fails with:

/usr/lib/libgnutls.so: undefined reference to '_gcry_generate_elg_prime'.

libgnutls5 version 0.6.0-2, libgcrypt1 version 1.1.11-2, gnome-terminal version 2.1.0

From looking at the source this is apparently a function defined in libgcrypt1. Since the libgcrypt1.so is stripped I cannot use nm to tell if the function is present. (It is libgcrypt.so.1.5.0, I do not understand why the version number is different.) I suppose I could rebuild the library by hand but I am holding off on that for now.

Any other ideas?  Please reply via email as I do not subscribe to this list.

Thanks,
Adam