Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

Nathanael Nerode (2003-01-08 13:35:13 -0500) :

> How about using whole number increments -- in ROMAN NVMERALS.
> The next version would be Debian IV r1 (for 'release 1').
> The first revision of it as a stable release would be Debian IV r2.

I hereby propose the following, which goes one step further.  Starting
from the first release where Unicode is fully supported (see -policy
for a nice not-too-flamewarish-yet thread), Debian releases will be
numbered in cuneiform numerals.  Hah.  I've never seen *any*
distribution (or any other software, by the way) use that system.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Time is a drug.  Too much of it kills you.
  -- in Small Gods (Terry Pratchett)