Re: gcc 3.2 not faster

#include <hallo.h>
* Russell Coker [Wed, Jan 08 2003, 03:38:04PM]:
> I thought that gcc 3.2 was supposed to be faster, however I have just done
> some benchmarks to show the opposite:

I just did one benchmark with libvorbis and a large audio file, grabbed
from some random CD here. Results for gcc-2.95, gcc-3.2,
gcc-3.2+march=athlon (in that order):

        Elapsed time: 9m 01,0s
        Elapsed time: 8m 42,2s
        Elapsed time: 7m 26,8s

So change from gcc-2.95 to gcc-3.2 brings only about 4 percent
performance gain, but using CPU optimisations about 15%! I did also try
gcc-2.95 with arch=i686, but it segfaulted while building.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
<[ddeus_work]> welche moeglichkeiten gibt es eine festplate zu beschleunigen
               ausser DMA und 32bit zugeng einschalten ?