Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

ti, 07-01-2003 kello 22:36, Scott James Remnant kirjoitti:
> On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 17:32, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > Not seconded.  We moved from X.Y.Z to X.YrZ for a reason.
> >
> What was the reason, out of interest?

I seem to recall, from years past, that commercial CD vendors dislike
having to update their artwork all the time (potentially several times
per year). It's expensive. However, I could misremember.

(FWIW, while I have an opinion, I'm not going to comment on this
suggestion. I think picking the version number is and should be part of
the release manager's job.)