Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 17:32, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> > Revisions of the stable release, which currently use the "X.YrZ" form
> > of release number, would instead append and increment a minor number
> > to the release.
>
> Not seconded.  We moved from X.Y.Z to X.YrZ for a reason.

What was the reason, out of interest?

It seemed to follow naturally from using the major to identify the
release.  I did search around to make sure that there wasn't an obvious
reason, but couldn't find one.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?