Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

Hi!

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 10:08:07PM +1100, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote...
> > > Debian stable releases will be identified by their code name and a single
> > > release number, starting at the next whole number (4) and incrementing it
> > > for each new stable release.  The next stable release would therefore be
> > > "Debian 4 (sarge)", the release after "Debian 5 (etch)", and so on.

> I'm not sure I agree here. You're just encouraging version number inflation.
> Is this a plan so we can catch up to other distributions?

I agree with the proposal to use integers for version numbers. Saves us a lot of
discussion each time and we should be releasing much much more often before we
even start talking version number bloat.

--
	Oliver M. Bolzer
	oliver@gol.com

GPG (PGP) Fingerprint = 621B 52F6 2AC1 36DB 8761  018F 8786 87AD EF50 D1FF