Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 10:27:13AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> Should the Release name have an upper case first letter.  They are after
> all, "proper" nouns.

No, I've seen no proof that they were ever really intended to be used
uppercase only.

I do see a lot of people writing them in uppercase because they think
they're lowercase by mistake. Sometimes it's not a good idea to correct
random stuff because it _seems_ wrong... I've seen people try to force URLs
such as http://www.debian.org/sitemap/ (notice the slash at the
end) because they thought they were doing the right thing -- but that's not
so, there is no accidentally omitted slash in http://www.debian.org/sitemap

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.