Re: [Fwd: woody for alpha?]

Martin,

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 11:15:40PM -0700, mcompengr@earthlink.net wrote:

> On 30 Nov. 2002 I decided to go for Debian and I still am unable
> to obtain it.  Has it been "ported" to the Alpha architecture?
> I paid the asking price offered by two of the listed "vendors"
> and have yet to receive a response to my numerous emails and my
> PayPal payment for the same.  Bottom line:  I care nothing about
> anything other than somehow obtaining the Debian unix on CD's.

Yes, Debian is most certainly available for Alphas, though I wasn't
aware anyone was selling CDs of it.  What vendors have you sent money
to?  If you found these vendors listed on the Debian website, I'm sure
the webmasters will want to know that they haven't delivered.

If you have a speedy Internet connection, you can download Debian (and
burn your own CDs of it).  If downloading is not practical for you, you
may find someone (perhaps even local to you) willing to burn you a set
at cost, either on the debian-user list or on the Alpha port mailing
list.

Regards,
--
Steve Langasek