Re: Debian GPG Key maintainence?

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 07:56:31PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   Recently I became a member of the Debian project, with
>  a particular email address - one that I've been exclusively
>  using since around 1996.
>
>   Due to a variety of circumstances I've now stopped using
>  that - although I can still read the mail delivered there.
>
>   What's the best way to start using the new address with
>  my Debian duties?  Presumably I should create a new key
>  and sign it with the old one.

NO!!1

Merely create a new User-ID with your new email-adress and sign it (and
try to get signatures from other DDs eventually) keeping your old key.

>   If that's uploaded to keyservers is that sufficient, or
>  do I need my keyring entry updated?  Something that seems
>  to take "a while".

Yes, and it will probably be rejected because there's no need to weaken
the web of trust for such an issue.

HTH,

Michael

--
<Overfiend> My package is not called XFree86 4.2.1-CVS-HEAD
<asuffield> Overfiend: maybe you should create one. put any old crap it