Re: Another pbuilder run finished

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:00:55 +0100, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
<jsogo@debian.org> wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 12:09:40PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
>> The possible drawbacks is that you need root privilage to run pbuilder,
>> and running pbuilder over the whole distribution requires a good
>> network access to a mirror, or preferrably a personal
>> full source/i386(or other architecture) mirror.
>
>  About being root, should not a very big problem in volunteers
>  machines. At least I can be root in my machine ;)

Actually, the root requirement was a reason for me not to use
pbuilder. And personally, I would not like to have an automated
building process running as root on any box that has productive jobs.
Which pretty much takes us (currently being in the top 900 seti@home
sites and having considered using the CPU cycles that currently go
into seti for building Debian packages) out of the race.

Greetings
Marc