Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

>>"Josip" == Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> writes:

 Josip> No, I disagree. The wording in the social contract does not
 Josip> say that non-free packages are not Debian packages. It says
 Josip> that these packages are not part of the Debian
 Josip> distribution. These are two different things. :P

	The actual wording is:

     We acknowledge that some of our users require the use of programs that
     don't conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We have created
     "contrib" and "non-free" areas in our FTP archive for this software.
     The software in these directories is not part of the Debian system,

	They may be packaged according to Debian policies and
 practices, but they are not part of Debian. Is this not the
 distinction that the original poster was trying to drive?

	manoj
--
 As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
 certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to