Re: Improper NMU (Re: NMU for libquota-perl)

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 06:54, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> You mean we have a better mechanism to not update it. In my opinion
> there is too much bureaucracy involved in changing debian-policy. I know
> about the debian-policy list and all that but it's just too hard to fight
> something through until it gets accepted if you don't have a lot of time
> to follow up on the discussions. And I bet Anthony for example does not
> have that much time...

I don't see that as a problem, inherently.  Policy is a key cornerstone
of what Debian is.  It shouldn't be trivial to change, unless the change
is itself trivial.

If necessary changes are really being blocked, then we should look at
ways of streamlining the policy procedure.  But I haven't seen major
evidence that that's necessary yet.