Re: possible mass-filing of bugs, continued, script refined: list of packages that apparently have disparity between package name and shared lib soname

    Junichi> I'm not just beating random drums, I'm fixing problems.
    Junichi> I'm automating process of checking for sonames, and to
    Junichi> enable that check, there are packages which are not
    Junichi> compliant which break the rule.

You keep talking about this "rule" like it's cast in stone.  Get
policy changed or quote existing chapter & verse and file bugs.

    Junichi> And I understand you are one of those who do not fully
    Junichi> understand why I'm doing it, you may want to read
    Junichi> libpkg-guide from start to end, and understand what it
    Junichi> says.

I undestand completely what your trying to do, I just don't think your
solution is the One True Way.

    Junichi> You may make comments after reading it, not before.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgolin little minds" -- Ralph Waldo
Emerson

--
Stephen

"Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government!"