Re: possible mass-filing of bugs, continued, script refined: list of packages that apparently have disparity between package name and shared lib soname

Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at> immo vero scripsit:

> > I wonder how those shared libraries will be called.
> >
> > libsigc<SOVERSION>-gtk1.2 for
> > libsigc-gtk1.2.so.0 ??
> >
> libsigcx1-gtk1.2 for libsigcx-gtk1.2.so.1

Tell me how to obtain it from the
string libsigcx-gtk1.2.so.1

Note that most of other gnome packages in Debian will use the
notation, libsigcx-gtk1.2-1
You may wish to go through each package name to find out
that you are the odd one out.

> Is it stated somewhere in policy that the SOVERSION has to be the last
> part of the package name? I can't find that requirement there...

Define what SOVERSION is.
You can only reasonably define SONAME.

You can read over libpkg-guide, and if you still don't understand,
please tell me what part you fail to understand, so that I can
fix the documentation.

If you think that policy is the only document you have to
follow, you are mistaken.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4