Re: Suggested press release in reaction to RHAT dropping sparc and alpha

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> Debian, as an all volunteer
> organization can afford to support any architecture for which there is
> sufficient community interest.  This should promise a long healthy life
> for our both our Alpha and Sparc binary distributions

These two sentences contradict each other slightly. The problem is
actually indicated by the word "should".

It sounds a bit like marketing to me. We know that as soon as there will
not be enough volounteer support whatsoever projects will just stall but we
want to sell. So we make a promise but relativise it immediately.

Um. Please don't take my critique personally.
*t

    ma                  will kill for oil