Re: Announcing apt-watch: a Gnome 2 panel applet to check for upgrades

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 04:41:28PM +0100, Emile van Bergen <emile-deb@evbergen.xs4all.nl> was heard to say:
> Whatever you do, don't do the flashing. Flashing and animating draw
> far too much attention; effectively this puts psychological pressure on
> people to update immediately, as soon as there's a release. That's
> uncalled for. It makes you feel you're neglecting something if you don't
> obey the exclamation mark immediately and update.

  Before this gets out of hand, I should also mention that I don't
really care, right now, whether it flashes or not.  As far as UI goes,
I'm much more concerned about the authentication step that is currently
required.

  Daniel

|            Whom the gods would destroy, they first teach BASIC.             |
\---- Be like the kid in the movie!  Play chess! -- http://www.uschess.org ---/