Re: Bits from tetex maintainers

From: Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net>
Subject: Re: Bits from tetex maintainers (Re: Accepted tetex-bin ...)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:39:06 +0000

> > Do you plan to make such a scheme available for extra font packages (see
> > for example #70581) ?
> > There is currently no proper way to make a font package install and work
> > properly.
>
> This would be good to also forward to
> debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org (or
> tetex-bin@packages.debian.org).

Well, I don't plan to make new scheme for font package
yet (or I have no idea yet).

# In TeX related fonts, they need to support TeX itself
# and also DVIwares, I guess.  And DVIwares have their
# own way to support extra fonts so it might be difficult
# to provide proper way to make font packages work well.

I would like to remark only one point.  In the latest
tetex-bin, updmap is ordinary file in /usr/bin and it
reads updmap.cfg which is a conffile.

I didn't investigate updmap yet but the same kind of
scheme work for a pair of updmap and updmap.cfg ?

# If it is appropriate, please feel free to move in
# debian-tetex-maint ML.

Best regards,			 2002/12/16

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.