Re: status of sending attachments with reportbug?

hiya,

> > NOTE: MANY MUAs WILL ATTEMPT TO SEND MIME-ENCODED MESSAGES TO THE DEBIAN BTS.
> > THE DEBIAN BTS CURRENTLY HAS BUGS IN ITS HANDLING OF MIME (SEE #36813 et al.).
> > YOU SHOULD NOT USE MIME ATTACHMENTS IN YOUR REPORT.
>
> That's obsolete. They're supported now.

okay, thanks for clearing that up.

> > otoh, i submitted another bug earlier with small patch attachment that
> > did go through and does show up on the page.  do i have any way of
> > knowing if there was a problem with the more recent bug/patch submit
> > that i did?
>
> Can I have some details?

okay, the full details:

the first bug report (that went through) was sent from a testing/unstable
machine and reportbug 2.9.  to send the attachment i used the --attach
option on the patch, as well as -g to gpg sign it.  i rather promptly
recievied a confirmation, and the bug is now in the bts database as
bug #172552.

the second bug was sent from a machine running mostly woody and reportbug
1.50.  since this version does not have a --attach option, i told it to
use mutt with -M so i could manually attach the patch (which i did).  also,
i told it to gpg sign the report, which it apparently forgot to tell
mutt, and i didn't realize it until it had been sent off (without asking
for my passphrase).  fwiw this was a bug/patch for kernel-patch-kdb.
should i just try sending it again?

	sean