Re: status of sending attachments with reportbug?

* Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2002-12-12 11:36]:
> > > NOTE: MANY MUAs WILL ATTEMPT TO SEND MIME-ENCODED MESSAGES TO THE DEBIAN
> > > BTS. THE DEBIAN BTS CURRENTLY HAS BUGS IN ITS HANDLING OF MIME (SEE #36813
> > > et al.). YOU SHOULD NOT USE MIME ATTACHMENTS IN YOUR REPORT.
> >
> > I think this is worth a bugreport anyways
>
> Probably only if it's likely to get a stable update.

I requested an updated package for woody to remove this confusing
and message.  Unfortunately, the SRM disagrees it's worth an update.
See #169476.  Perhaps this thread will change his mind, tho?

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com