Re: started to make changelogs and copyright file online available

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 05:57:55PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> If there were a reliable and complete source of changelog data
> programmatically available over the network, and a means by which
> apt-listchanges could be launched by apt before any packages are downloaded,
> it would be easy to modify apt-listchanges to use this data.

This would be really good.

Often I want to know "Should I install the unstable version or
will the stable version be sufficient?"

Currently there is no way to tell, you can't see the Changelog
until after you have downloaded it.
Brian May <bam@debian.org>