Re: private debian pools

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 11:03:07PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> I disagree that this is needed, not for any of the usual reasons, but
> for the simple reason that this functionality already exists.
>
> The namespace of an apt repository is its URL, and any information
> available in a "Release" file at that URL.

If two versions of the same package share the same version number,
apt-get gets confused even if the URL and its Release file are
different.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is because apt-get keeps a hash array
similar to:

$package{"mypackage"}{"1.1"}{"md5sum"} = ...

(I haven't checked the code though), so it can only store one
	set of details for each given package version.

So the URL is not really a namespace here, the version number is...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>