Re: guaranteed non-interactive installation and upgrades

#include <hallo.h>
* Wouter Verhelst [Sat, Dec 07 2002, 11:03:23PM]:

> > > Would a policy-proposal forcing packages to use debconf for user
> > > interaction during installation get support?
> >
> > i think it's a little heavy handed to do so,
>
> Why?
>
> In the long run, I think it's the way to go. Although it might be a
> little too early (I don't think so, but YMMV), it certainly isn't "heavy
> handed".

That is the way to go. These ideas are old, and come to daylight again
and again. Now, we have the best time to start with enforcing this
simple concept. If we do not, but discuss another three months, need
another two to prepate the policy change, another three for Debian Gods
;) to bless it, well other people will come and tell that Sarge is so
far progressed, too late to change things, bla, bla, bla.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Defaults sind dazu da von DAUs ignoriert zu werden und damit die
Support-Stellen (aka #debian.de) zu verwirren.