Re: description writing guide

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 19:48, Craig Dickson wrote:

> Scott James Remnant wrote:
>
> > In correct English grammar and typography the space after a full stop
> > ("period" in Merkin) is supposed to be a wider space then that between
> > words and after commas and suchlike.
> >
> Hmm, you just gave a rule specifically for fixed-width fonts, and now
> you're tacitly assuming that it applies to variable-width fonts as well?

No, I gave a rule for any English sentence.  "Extra space" was not
intend to mean the same as "two fixed-width space characters".
Apologies for the confusion.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant     Have you ever, ever felt like this?  Had strange
http://netsplit.com/      things happen?  Are you going round the twist?