Re: Fwd: Please confirm your message

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 09:55:34AM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> The key issue here is that the mail isn't blocked.  It's simply held in
> another place until confirmed.  It doesn't become a "false positive" until it
> is deleted without being read.

It depends how you define the SPAM checking process.

If you define the SPAM checking process as "an automatic process which
classifies mail as either SPAM or non SPAM", then your statement is
incorrect, it is a false postive as soon as it has been automatically
classified in the wrong group.

However, you seem to be defining the SPAM checking process as "a series
of automatic and manual processes that automatically delete all SPAM
and nothing else from your mail folder".

Which is interesting, the first definition doesn't take into account the
human reading the mail, the second does.

However, as far as I am concerned, my ideal (as unrealistic as it may
be) is not to have to look at SPAM at all, which means that I use the
first definition.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>