Re: Fwd: Please confirm your message

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:39, Jan Niehusmann wrote:
> > It is not suitable for individual email addresses.
>
> Time will tell. I fear that some day, the only way to use email
> productively is to block all email with invalid sender adresses. And I
> don't know a way do valdiate a (not yet known) address but to try it
> and send a reply.
> If you combine that with some autoresponders on both ends, no human
> interaction would be needed, so annoyance should go down.

If an auto-responder can handle such messages then spammers will just use such
auto-responders and therefore the spam filter will be almost useless.

Also there's the issue of two people having such filters trying to communicate
with each other.  NB  You can't just white-list an address when you send mail
to it as often people don't use the same From: address to reply as they
advertise when soliciting email (think about sales@company addresses and
vanity domains).