KDEE3 question

Hi,

I was just being told that we won't get any KDE3 packages until the
whole Debian project is moved to gcc 3.2. Is this correct? If so, why?
And is there a timetable? Is it a problem to compile the packages with
gcc 2.95?

The matter of the fact is that almost all Debian/KDE users are already using
ftp.kde.org to get the KDE packages. I would surely prefer to have these
packages as part of our archive instead of redirecting everyone away
from debian.org.

Thanks in advance for the explanations.

Michael
--