Locales problems...

Hi,

I work with locale en_US and keyboard layour us_intl, and frequently
have to type special characters in portuguese. The problem is that with
both multi-gnome-terminal and gnomeicu I wasn't able to type these
characters. With gnome-terminal it works fine. The version of
multi-gnome-terminal was the unstable one, so I decided to downgrade to
the stable version. Surprisingly, with stable version of
multi-gnome-terminal I could type all of the special characters that
didn't work with unstable version. What is the problem? How can I
display (and type) correctly in both multi-gnome-terminal and gnomeicu,
all of them running on Gnome2?

Another question: is this question proper to this list, or I should have
tried debian-user? Sorry if it is unproper... (in fact, I also sent to
that list)

Thanks in advance,

Bruno.
--