Re: debconf template translations from ddtp

Michael Bramer wrote:
> The ddtp will produce also po-debconf files in future. I must only write
> some scripts for it...

I did something like:

for lang in cs da de es fr hu it ja nl pl pt_BR ru ; do wget http://ddtp.debian.org/debconf/template_unstable/base-config/templates-$lang; done
rename 's/-/./' templates-*
debconf-gettextize templates

I don't want to use the result for base-config though. The generated po
files reference only the downloaded templates file, while base-config
uses three seperate templates files which should be referenced prperly
by the po files. And I have no tools to tell which of the translations
on this site are more up-to-date than the ones in debconf.

And of course base-config is in debian cvs where anyone can check in a
translation, in the po-debconf form that I prefer. So all this close to
a step backwards for base-config, maybe not so for everything else
though.

--
see shy jo