Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:26:16PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:

> I must admit to some confusion, here. Should I take this as implying that
> there is no particular intent to try to make Debian-Installer play nicely
> on anything but Linux kernels?

Intent on whose part?  You would need to ask those involved in working on
debian-installer directly, and they may not even all have the same opinion.
Someone needs to do the work, though, and if you are willing, and your
solution is maintainable, I doubt your contribution would be turned away.

In my mind, there is some doubt as to whether this can be done without
sacrificing maintainability of (and slowing development of)
debian-installer.

--
 - mdz