orbit/evolution/linux2.5 bug #168188

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm still having to rebuild orbit0 in
sid to get evolution to work with a 2.5 kernel. The one line patch (in
the bug report) to the orbit sources works for me. Anyway, my question
is seems that sometimes(1) when I run apt-get update & apt-get upgrade
it seems to re-install the current broken Nov 4th orbit 0.5.17-4
packages from /var/cache/apt/archives/. I used apt-src to install and
build the packages with the patch and then I install them with dpkg -i.
Is there a more correct way to maintain my own repository? Should I use
apt-build instead of apt-src perhaps? (As I noticed that it creates it's
own entry in /etc/apt/sources)

Jeff