Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:58:25PM -0800, Jon Kent wrote:

> --- Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > No, it doesn't.  It shows that the most frequently viewed distribution
> > pages on distrowatch.com are:
>
> I did say they were not great figures, just interesting, but I expect this
> sort of comment from you.

No, you simply ignored what the numbers represent, and presented a list to
try to paint Debian as relatively unpopular.  I don't see what your
objective is, other than to start and prolong pointless arguments.

> I been using Debian since 2.1, what about you?

If true, this would mean that you upgraded through all 7 point releases of
potato, and then to woody.  Given your comments so far, this would indicate
that you did not notice the functional difference between the potato point
releases and the woody release.

> > Your version of computer history is rather twisted.  Care to provide a
> > reference?
>
> Not really, its too much effect to put in for some one who has a problem
> with constructive feedback.

It's surely a lot more effect[sic] than inventing history to suit your
needs.

--
 - mdz