Re: Newbie : unrepresentable changes to source

> Why is a Unix program using UTF16BE (or UCS2BE) for its internal
> representation of localization data?

As per the upstream author :
UTF16LE or  UTF16BE tells that it's unicode (Gammu support
both). I use
Unicode in localisation data to avoid such problem: in the
OS of
somebody, who will make localisation data for X language,
there is set
different codepage than in my PC. But my codepage contains
the same
chars too. Using Unicode allows to avoid problems - on my PC
all chars
are displayed correctly too. I can open it in Unicode editor
and see
correct accent, etc. chars