Re: Newbie : unrepresentable changes to source

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:29:43PM +0530, Krishna Dagli wrote:

> As per maint-guide I did everything and finally when I try
> to run dpkg-buildpackage I'm getting following errors. What
> am I doing wrong?
> The package is at http://www.mwiacek.com/

> I have attached the files which gives me these errors.

Hmm, correction -- file misidentifies them as UTF16LE, when they're
actually UTF16BE.  Converting it the right way around gets me a legible
file like so:

  # Localization file for Gammu (www.mwiacek.com) version 0.62

  [common]

Why is a Unix program using UTF16BE (or UCS2BE) for its internal
representation of localization data?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer