Re: debian-installer status 2002-11-22

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 16:16, Samuli Suonpaa wrote:
> Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@debian.org> writes:
> > EVMS support has been added.. I played with it a little, but it was
> > broken because it was compiled with readline support, while no
> > readline libraries were in the archive.  I've just played around with
> > it a bit more, and it looks like it needs some more work before it
> > will work properly, but EVMS sure looks promising.
>
> Are you aware of the fact that EVMS will not be included in Linux
> kernel? Please consider using LVM2/DM instead.

Although the EVMS kernel side support will not be included in the 2.6.x
series. The EVMS user space tools (which are considered to be superior
to LVM2/DM2) are being adapted for LVM2/DM. Hence developing an EVMS
module is good, as in the short term we get to use a good logical volume
manager with 2.4 but in the longer term this can be quickly and easily
adapted to LVM2 + EVMS frontend. Reducing the overall code needed to be
written! Woot!

Regards,

Rob
--