Re: Why are new package versions depending on libc6 in unstable?

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 12:13:42PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
I'm not saying this is the only way that can happen; VNC could just
have been built first and never rebuilt against the new libc6.  That
happens a lot.  But this way you can upload packages which are already
unbuildable.

That's bad, mmkay?

It's no different than the current situation. You admitted yourself that
it could happen right now if nobody uploaded a new vnc when the new libc
is in unstable. So I'm not sure what the point is. The only way to deal
with that is to continuously rebuild testing. (Isn't somebody doing this
already?)

Mike Stone