Re: Sound card problem

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 10:19:27AM +0600, chanka perera wrote:
> The sound modules was not there and I tried to compile the kernel my
> Menuconfig or xconfig didn't work because of the error,
>
> Make: *** No rules to make target '/Rules.make' Stop.

Don't know what are u trying to make. To run menuconfig u just type

make menuconfig

on the prompt. Make sure u are in the kernel top level directory.

> Then I compile it fome the console mood now the .config file is there
> but when I typed
>
> #make deb
> make: *** No rules to make target 'deb' Stop

Seems u want to create a deb. Then u should install "kernel-package".
And after doing "make menuconfig" do "make-kpkg kernel_image".

regards

--
Pankaj Jangid
Education Technology Unit, NCST