Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 02:55:17PM +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Manns?ker wrote:
> Yes, but I got distracted by work and forgot to ask how rsync-over-ssh
> would help transfering (not synchronizing) large amounts of data? It has
> to transfer an equal amount of bytes over the same encrypted channel
> that scp does.

It's not actually related to the encryption rate at all. scp has some
buffering issues that make it horribly inefficient if you've got some
latency in the network connection.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK