Re: debian-installer

I'm not subscribed to -boot, so please, if you continue the discussion _only_
on boot, CC me.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 08:15:49AM -0800, Jim Lynch wrote:
> > > I've got a new old box to play with. Naturally I'll have to install
> > > debian on it (was planning to install sarge). I remember some people on
> > > the list asking for debian-installer testers. I would be happy to be
> > > one, but where can I find it?
> >
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=debian%20installer
>
> Google is a good thing... but does debian really need to depend on it
> for the purpose of leading someone to somewhere within debian? -especially-
> when the someone wants to help.
>
> Try this...
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2002/debian-boot-200211/msg00121.html

I'ts my opinion but the todo page[1] may be updated to include the link above
in the `The new installer' tab. Better would be to coordinate the two team (i
don't know if they already do) to always include the latest link to the real
TODO file from the debian-installer CVS archive[2] which seems to be more
appropriate. Then, another link may be added from the Debian help page[3] to
the Debian todo page[1].

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/todo
[2] actually is http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/doc/TODO?rev=1.52&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
[3] http://www.debian.org/devel/join

What about this?

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][-A-Za-z]*[iy]'?s$   | as fine or rude sentences have