Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:25:01PM +0900, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> xpdf-japanese is required to display Japanese PDF with xpdf. It is
> also need to convert PDF to plain text with pdftotext.
>
> I'm not familiar about cmap-*.

Just taking a wild-ass guess, they're probably tables mapping the Adobe
glyph list to codepoints in various character encodings used.

If I'm right, and if that stuff is non-free, that's really Evil.  In
fact, I have to wonder how such a thing can sustain a copyright at all,
since there's no original expression involved.  That, however, is a dead
flamewar on debian-legal.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      When dogma enters the brain, all
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual activity ceases.