Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 01:26:54PM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> insulted by such people--I look at the quality of the software, not so
> much the behaviour of the people behind it--but I know some people can get

Very good point.

I have slow K6-2/500MHz, SiS540 integrated video chip, SiS7018 integrated
audio chip, SiS900 integrated netchip and I am happy with my 'love machine'
(as in WASP song).

I like to watch LotR from DVD. I can say that in those times _every_ frame
does count. I switched back to Debian from Gentoo only becouse Debian got
some magic spirit, and one can easily choose not to install any non-free
software.

Umh.. Well I lost the point.

So, I am happy to hear that in Debian one can quite easily make own
packages to hopefully enchance performation. This thing needs some
scientific research.
--

http://baldor.ath.cx:2000