How to programm a Windowmanager ?

Hello Developpers,

I am programming since many years with DJGPP <http://www.delorie.com/>
under DOS and with Delphi under Windows(3.11, 95) ...

Now I habe downloaded kylix, the free Version of Delphi for Linux.

Now I like to port my TD-Desk to Linux...

Can you give me some hints resources whhere I can find Informations
about programming of WindowManagers and Desktops.

(I don't like KDE and GNOME because they are not light...)

I live between Germany and France and like to know some good
Programming-Books about it (english or german because the french are
too crapy).

Thanks in Advance
Michelle