Re: Securing Debian HOWTO

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 12:33:35PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> You are copying it and modifying it.  That is a fork.  It is better that you
> are synching it, but it seems better to have a single authoritative source.

	I am not modifying it (unless you count reformatting as such). The content
is out of sync, just that. And the way I'm providing this for offline use is from
*within* the document. For goodness sake! I'm not going to make a new document in
the DDP with just a few pages. It makes much more sense for the FAQ to be a section
of the *only* document that covers security in Debian. If you don't like that go
write a new one for the DDP, maybe "Security in Debian"?. Feel free to fork mine
BTW.

	Agreed, harden-doc might not be the best name for a package that contains
the Security reference for Debian. I'm not the maintainer, bug *him*. [1]

	Are Josip and I the only DDs to whom it makes sense to provide the
"Security Team's FAQ" in the "Securing Debian Manual"? (which, BTW, is also linked
at security.debian.org)

	Regards

	Javi

[1] For the sake of the harden-doc maintainer I'll say that the Manual started as a
Hardening-HOWTO for Debian, it now includes much more information of which
hardening a Debian system is just a chapter. There's still a lot of things to
include but it's moving that way.