Re: Ask yourself some questions

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 08:29:31PM +0100, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> Though "supports its use, and we provide infrastructure" does not
> necessarily include support from our security team for instance.

A good point.

In some cases we simply don't have the power to be pro-active with
regards to resolving security flaws in non-free packages, because we
lack the source code, permission to distribute binaries based on
modified source code, and so forth.

So that's one scenario where shipping non-free *harms* our users.
Caveat warezor!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "To be is to do"   -- Plato
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      "To do is to be"   -- Aristotle