Re: Ask yourself some questions

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 01:43:48AM +0100, Rémi Letot wrote:
>> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>>> Removing packages from the Debian archive doesn't remove them from
>>> people's systems.

>> But without a maintainer and the debian system behind them, they are
>> worthless.

> By that logic:

>  I conclude that all Acrobat readers newer than 4.05 are worthless.

>  I also conclude that the entire Windows platform is worthless.

> Do you really maintain that is the case?

No, but I and probably Rémi too read Branden's remark as: Even if we
remove the package from non-free, the old locally installed copies of
these packages wil still be available. In this context his remark
makes sense, these old packages are worth nothing if nobody supports
them anymore.
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_