On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 02:42:51PM -0800, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> Since testing will no longer be testing
> non-free software, we won't know about a change to one of our core
> components until a user tries a testing (or a stable) version of
> debian with their piece of non-free software and tells us that its
> broken.

I dont see the diferenc betwen a user who tests a non-free component which
he has downloaded from a host with or without ending in *.debian.org. Only
because a package is in testing does not mean that it gets actually tested.

 So, in effect, we could possibly lose all users who need any
> non-free software, because someone who needs non-free in order to use
> their machine[1] won't wait around until we've fixed the software that
> their software depends on.

We already lost most of them, so do not worry. This is the omain for lindows
or Suse which ship all kind of non-free stuff.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --