Re: [RFH] The need for signed packages and signed Releases (long, long)

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 11:13:15AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> Just a note, Isaac Jones <ijones@syntaxpolice.org> and I have been
> working on this a bit.  Right now we have made apt download the toplevel
> Release file, and we're currently battling libgpgme.

If you've done this, Jason's been lusting after something that'll make
apt's progress bar work correct for downloading Packages files for years
now. Making this bit work at least should be an easy fix, and might get
CVS at least half way there...

Cheers,
aj