Re: A Round of Removals (past tense)

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 09:41:29AM +0100, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> Nice to see that some packages which were marked REMOVED have their bugs
> now fixed (even if in NMUs)

Nice to see people getting all aggressive about it too.

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 06:21:22PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > purged by RM; see bug 139659
> I sent a new version of the package (targeted for contrib/ since the
> package needs non-free software to compile) which was sent november 5th. I
> received a "ldp-es_20021105-1_i386.changes is NEW" that same day.

Yes, and it's still in queue/new awaiting processing. It's delayed since
there seems to be some issue about its DFSG-freeness.

> This package fixed both bug 139659 and some others, however, I cannot
> currently find it in 'incoming'. It seems that both the old package and
> any instances of uploads have been removed completely.

You're looking in the wrong place. See /org/ftp.debian.org/queue/new/.

> And when I finally sent a new package removing the non-free bits and
> fixing the bug I see it has been removed from the archive...

Packages have to be removed from main before they can be accepted into
contrib anyway.

Cheers,
aj