Re: Not just a dpkg/run-parts problem

On 14-Nov-02, 15:03 (CST), Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> IIRC, /etc/cron.d is a debian extention that is not in the LSB, so we
> don't have to worry about making it support lsb names.

It's in 1.2, if not earlier. See

    http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/gLSB/gLSB/sysinit.html#CRONJOBS

It was originally a Debian extension, but it looks like it's been picked
up.

As I said, I don't think it's just cron. Andreas M. just pointed out
/etc/logrotate.d, and /etc/X/Xsession.d (which sure looks like it uses
the same rules) among others. They may not be affected by the LSB, but
they are affected by dpkg naming conventions, and wouldn't it be nice
if we could point to some set of rules which worked for all of these
"fragment" type directories?

--
Steve Greenland

    world.       -- seen on the net