On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 03:03:02PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:15:21PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > our mirror
> > operators have an obligation to carry whatever we want to have them
> > carry;

> non-free is one of the easiest things for mirror operators to drop,
> if they want. All they need to exclude (essentially) is pool/non-free
> from the mirror scripts. (pool/non-US/non-free if they mirror non-US,
> dists/*/non-free, if they want to be thorough and not have confused users)

Do we require mirrors in certain positions (i.e., ftp.us.debian.org et
al.) to carry the full archive?  I assumed this was the case; if it is,
then at least in some circumstances, we're "imposing" non-free on our
mirror operators.

Not that this was anything other than argumentum ad absurdum...

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer